TelefériQo
Today we have been the highest above sea level ever (other than in an aeroplane). We could really feel that the air was thin and slowed right down.
One of the major tourist attractions in Quito is the TelefériQo, a cable car that goes up to just under 4000m ASL. The trip takes 18 minutes.
| A mural in the ticket office. |
| Happy to be on the cable car. |
Steve's not a big fan of cable cars and I was surprised he was keen to do it. I think the lure was the high altitude birds we might see at the top. We did see a few but not the Carunculated Caracara that I wanted. The Ecuadorian Hillstar (hummingbird) we saw was beautiful.
There were so many tiny things flowering - here are a few.
And the views of the city we had between low cloud and rain and hail blowing through were great.
| We were up in the clouds |
Comments
Post a Comment