More trekking

 

Today we walked up to the Torro glacier lookout.  We were looking for the Magellanic Woodpecker, here carpintero magelanico, but didn't find him.  We did get a bonus woodpecker - the Andean Flicker.  The views were amazing again and I just kept taking photos.  Thank goodness it's no longer a world with film!

We walked this afternoon to the waterfall Chorillo del Salto along with half the tourists in town.  Again, no woodpecker but many loud Americans chasing all the birds away.  We have another day tomorrow to find el carpintero.

On a sad note I woke this morning to an email to tell me my friend of 40+ years Pam Marcollo had died.  She was a friend, mentor and keeper of my secrets who I loved dearly.  I will miss her.  Times like this home seems a long way away.

Steve admiring the view

The colours of the beech leaves are lovely

The glacier that feeds the river

Woodpeckers are here


Pretty unambiguous about what not to do.

The waterfall - every tourist in town was there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roadtrip Mindo to Quito

Iguazu area

Quito 1